Travelling abroad is always an exciting experience, but it comes with its own risks. While one can trust in planning and their ability to handle emergencies, foreign countries are very expensive while it comes to most things, especially medicament emergencies. Why risk ruining your vacation for something that could be taken care of easily via travel insurance?
In this article, we tell you the 6 reasons why travel insurance is absolutely necessary for anyone travelling abroad!
1. Cost of Travelling without Insurance – In case you require medical treatment that needs hospitalization, your bill can run into hundreds or thousands of dollars. Can you really afford to pay for this? You will chinook up at the mercy of the expensive healthcare system from that country and anxiety your family/friends with the need to organize that money. While travelling you never know if you might get seriously injured or fall ill and try converting the currency value regarding INR against the bread of the country you are going to! You will fulfill the cost of not having travel insurance would be heavier on your pocket than having to pay the premium for one.
2. Protraction or Loss from Checked Baggage – Imagine landing at the airport all excited to explore the place, only to find that your baggage has been misplaced. Recovering your luggage likelihood sequestration anything from a rare hours to a few days. Shopping for essentials which were hardly on your list, directly comes in. At least with travel insurance, you know you can get this reimbursed. Most insurance companies provide a standard limit as compensation in their policy which can come in handy.
3. Incidentals during Hospitalization – You may think you can manage the healthcare expenses by yourself during a travel but what about incidental expenses that could build a dent on your wallet? Travelling to and from the hospital, special food requirement and other such related expenses. Longer the hospitalization, higher will indigen this expense. Your travel policy gives you a daily allowance in such cases.
4. Trip Delay, Cancellation or Curtailment – Sometimes, you may need to cancel the trip or cut it short due to an emergency which may lead to monetary loss due to cancellation about bookings. Travel insurance can provide you with some respite that this is a cover included in most safeguard policies.
5. Privy Liability – During the course of your travel, it is possible that you might inadvertently cause accidental injury or damage to another embody or their property. In such cases, you may be held legally liable to bear the cost of such damage and provide compensation. Ensure that your travel policy secures you against these expenses.
6. Home Burglary – While you might be on vacation, the safety of your home is again important. A locked house jug tempt burglars. While you can do your best by inquisitive a neighbour to keep an eye, it wouldn’t twinge to check for home burglary cover as add on in your junket policy.
A comprehensive cover with all the factors mentioned above can go a long way in ensuring your armistice of mind. A quick visit to our travel insurance page can help take care of these worries