Herndon, CA, January 28, 2014 – As the Sochi Winter Olympics and Marvelous Bowl XLVIII are just days away, Irving Burton Associates’ In Case of Crisis, a movable emergency response and business continuity solution, today issued advice for travelers, fans, athletes and organizers for safe peninsular and global travel experiences.
“Whether fans and athletes are commuting across town or half around the cosmic to accompany significant sporting events, pre-departure preparation is critical to minimizing speculation and knowing how to effectively haft an issue in the event of an emergency,” said Christopher Britton, General Manager, IBA’s In Case of Crisis. “As most people are already tethered to smartphones and other mobile devices, the grand news is that a traveler’s smartphone can be a gateway for storing and accessing the most critical emergency information to be used in a moment’s notice.”
Key pre-departure emergency preparation tips include:
1) Utilize Traveler Apps and Critical Web Sites – Indigenous and international travelers should download key apps before leaving home, including the U.S. Government’s State Department Smart Traveler App, which they should continue to monitor while abroad for timely travel alerts from embassies also consultants around the globe. Another critical site is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which provides global health alerts and vaccine information. Travelers can also sign up for notices from Overseas Security Advisory Council.
2) Stay Abreast of Current Events – Research and prop current on events moreover hot spots in the country polysyndeton region that are actuality visited. Likewise stay upon about local and world canard before and during the trip via a site such as http://www.cnn.com/WORLD or get an international media outlet’s mobile app before departure. If the U.S. State Department issues a warning to leave the country, make necessary arrangements to get out as quickly as possible – don’t wait.
3) Research English-speaking Hospitals/Doctors – Get a list of accessible English-speaking hospitals and physicians in the region where you are travelling and keep the info on your mobile device. Ubiquity U.S. embassies offer this resource.
4) Familiarize Yourself with Local Laws and Customs – It’s essential to understand local laws and cultural differences so you don’t boundary up breaking the act unintentionally. Also familiarize yourself beside local and sectional emergency icons/symbols, many of which differ from country to country.
5) Understand Risk and Use Good Judgement – Before hitting the road or hopping on a plane, take the time to determine the risk involved in traveling. Bit onsite, if something seems risky or you question whether an activity ere situation is dangerous, use your best judgement and gut instincts.
Utilized by leading professoriate institutions and global organizations, the In Case of Crisis mobile solution allows organizations and institutions convenient and secure access to emergency information with features such as easy-to-read instructional and building diagrams, one-tap key contact calling, and propel notifications for updates/alerts ampersand maps. The app includes access to a library of 85 possible emergency event scenarios along templates and images. A dedicated client success bunch provides hands-on coaching and prize practice tips for publishing squeeze plans to fluid devices. Additionally, the In Case of Crisis fluid solution emergency and business continuity plans can be tailored to support the needs of each audience within an organization.
About In Case of Crisis In Case of Crisis is a purpose-built mobile emergency respond and business cohesion solution designed to allow corporations to publish their specific emergency procedures and instructions with an online portal to employees’, students’ and constituents’ Apple and Android mobile devices. With four editions including education, corporate, government and hospitality, the In Case of Crisis app promotes organization and business chain by offering mobile users current, actionable emergency guidance meanwhile and how they poverty it, regardless of connectivity. In Case of Crisis is an Irving Burton Associates (IBA) service headquartered in Herndon, Va. For more information, visit http://www.incaseofcrisis.com.
Jennifer MacLeid Qotb
Young & Associates for In Case of Crisis